The First Steps
Okay, let’s assume that you have decided to at least take the first few steps to actually selling your business.
Before you even think about placing your business for sale, there are some things you should do first. The first thing you have to do is to gather information about the business.
Here’s a checklist of the items you should get together:
- Three years’ profit and loss statements
- Federal Income Tax returns for the business
- List of fixtures and equipment
- The lease and lease-related documents
- A list of the loans against the business (amounts and payment schedule)
- Copies of any equipment leases
- A copy of the franchise agreement, if applicable
- An approximate amount of the inventory on hand, if applicable
- The names of any outside advisors
How can we help you?
With 20 years of experience and hundreds of completed engagements, we have the knowledge and proven process to guide you through a successful business transaction. You can rely on us to manage every detail with complete confidentiality.
- Main Street
- Mergers & Acquisitions